Taormina is the ideal, family-friendly setting. A place from which to explore ancient ruins, medieval architecture,
the Italian language, art, food and the uniquely Sicilian way of life together.
Make It Sicily proposes unique tours for families, with activities designed to engage children in active participation
through hands-on and immersive learning opportunities.
Eat. Make. Learn. In Sicily
Italian Immersion Program for Children (ages 9–14) and their Families
* Guaranteed small group of up to five children
Based in Taormina, children participate in a weeklong program, from 10am to 5pm, Monday–Friday, complete with language classes and fun experiences designed for them, including a variety of hands-on workshops and activities with local artists, chefs, and artisans.
While the children learn about and experience the Sicilian culture with the program, adults are free to explore the beautiful city and nearby beaches and sites on their own (with lots of insider suggestions from us).
Parents are also welcome to join the children on many of the activities (see itinerary) or they can sign up for add-on activities, classes or excursions designed for adults (see ideas).
Two excursions for the entire family are already included: - hiking on Mount Etna, followed by a typical Sicilian lunch at a nearby winery, and
- a complete Market-to-Table culinary experience, followed by a lively Sicilian feast.
Meeting everyone over a welcome cocktail and dinner, we wrap up the week with a group cooking class and dinner, followed by a talent show where the children can showcase their amazing Sicily-inspired creations and newly developed skills.
- 7 nights lodging in select B&Bs*
- Airport transfers (Catania Fontanarossa Airport)
- Breakfast for family daily
- Lunch for children daily
- 1 Welcome Family Dinner
- 1 Farewell Family Dinner & Cooking Class
- Family Excursion 1 - Mount Etna & Winery Lunch
- Family Excursion 2 - Market-to-Table Trip & Lunch
- From 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday–Friday, Children’s Program includes:
- Italian Language Classes **
- A Cooking or Pizza Making Class
- A Traditional Sicilian Music Workshop
- A Painting Ceramics Workshop
- An Intro to Jewelry Design Class
- City Architecture Discovery Walks & Talks
- Lunch daily
- Sports – walking, hiking, swimming, soccer
- Two Family Excursions
* B&Bs selected for their Sicilian charm, location, outdoor spaces, and spectacular views.
** All Italian language proficiency levels are accommodated.
1 Adult & 1 Child:
2 Adults & 1 Child:
1 Adult & 2 Children:
2 Adults & 2 Children:
For other combinations, please contact us.
Can't make these dates?
Let us know. We'll plan a private group just for you.
Customized and private family camps available upon request.